My "go to" makeup products: foundation

I must say I have been on a MAJOR beauty kick recently. Currently I find myself glued to YouTube obsessing over beauty videos and the latest drugstore and high end products. Makeup for me is another creative outlet, I believe it shouldn't be used to hide behind but to enhance your natural beauty. Over the next few days I am going to break down what's in my beauty bag and what my go to products are and why.

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in classic ivory

If you're like me, foundation is a must for creating a flawless face. My skin is not close to being perfect but with this foundation it is easy to fake it! At age twenty I am still left behind with some acne scars, blemishes, and uneven coloring. My favorite way to apply this foundation is to dampen a makeup sponge (you can buy these handy wedge shaped sponges at the drugstore as well) and then using a sponge to apply it to the face. A little goes along way so don't over do it!

PROS :  affordable (expect to pay between $10-13 for this it varies from store to store)
              easy to find - Walmart, Target, and Walgreens all carry this product
              long lasting
              great buildable coverage
              great for fair skin gals like me :) They have a total of TWENTY shades!
              Colorstay comes in normal/dry and combination/oily (I go with the normal/dry)

CONS : It doesn't have a pump, instead you have to pour the makeup directly onto your hand, brush, or sponge.
            It dries incredible fast so work quickly with this makeup and blend, blend, blend!

Leave comments below if you have used this foundation and your thoughts or tell me what your go to products are!

xoxo

Elise

Comments

Popular Posts